Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Aaall Aboard the S.S. Twat!!



I get the bottled water thing, I really do. The people that say bottled water tastes the same as tap water are full of shit, it usually doesn't. It varies by region and city. My current tap water is fine, but when I lived in Phoenix it was undrinkable, and Pinal County was worse. As a child I lived on the outskirts of civilization and my dad had to drive into town with a truck that pulled a giant water tank behind it. Then when he returned to the boonies the water was pumped into a bigger tank that was connected to the house water supply. There was a well, but there's no water underground in deserts. That water was also foul out of the tap.

So buy a filter.

I'm especially annoyed by Fiji bottled water, and really any water that isn't bottled locally. Even if you recycle the bottle it's ridiculous. You understand what's happening right? Someone is putting WATER into storage drums and burning fuel to bring it across thousands of miles of OCEAN so that you can feel exotic. And you're paying for it. You're paying more for WATER than you do for gasoline. Fuck you.

There's oil in that water.

Also: if you need something to do with your used coffee grounds, mix them with crushed red pepper and rub it on chicken breast. Then grill it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if we shouldn't do away completely with plastics. There's evidence that BPA is a carcinogen. We also know that petroleum is a basis for plastics.

I prefer not to potentially poison myself. I also prefer to contribute to the use of fossil fuels as little as possible.

As for the taste, I'm inclined to agree with you, despite what Penn Jillette says.

I've gone with a GE SmartWater under sink filter. I don't have a kit to test the resultant arsenic content. This troubles me.

objunc said...

i checked out fiji's site, and they actually claim to have a negative carbon footprint because some of their profits go to monkeys in the rain forest or something. i didn't really look into that deeply, i'm just assuming that shipping water across an ocean is a good enough deal breaker for me, like slavery in the bible.
although, maybe it's some sort of robin hood scheme.